19 January 2022
Reformar is a Rimouski-based, non-profit organization lending support to marine science and technology projects since 1989. In doing so, they partner with researchers, research and training institutions, along with government and private-owned organizations. Concretely, Reformar handles the full management of a fleet of science vessels and the complete planning of its scientific missions. The management is currently looking for a Master for the Research Vessel Coriolis II.
As Master, you are the senior manager onboard and fully responsible for the safe, efficient and on-time operation of the R/V Coriolis II. Reporting to the Master are the Chief Officer, Chief engineer and Chief Cook.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Master…
- Acts as senior manager of the vessel;
- Ensures safe, efficient and on time operation of the vessel;
- Compliance with Regulatory requirements under SMS
- Application of company regulations and policies
- Supervises the maintenance of the vessel’s equipment with the preventive maintenance system (SINEX);
- Assists the clients and ensures their science requirements are operationally and safely met;
- Maintain and control budgets and expenses
- Incident control and emergency response
- Risk assessment, incident investigation, and root cause determination
- Assist in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as required.
Prerequisite training, abilities and professional qualities:
- Valid Transport Canada Certificate of Master 3000 gross tonnage, near coastal class 1 (minimum);
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Emergency Duties (MEDs) certificates (obtained in the last 5 years);
- Valid Transport Canada Ship Security Officer certificate;
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate;
- MARITIME EXPERIENCE: We are looking for an experienced Master who makes everyone’s safety their priority: someone proactive, autonomous, and polyvalent!
- FRENCH: Bilingualism is an asset, since most of our crew and our clients are francophones.
- LEADERSHIP: We’re seeking a person who can share their positivity with others and leads the team forward: a leader who’s close to their crew.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: This will be a daily challenge, staving off routine and making every day’s work an adventure! So, yes, it’s essential to be able to “take charge.”
Why work for Reformar?
- A permanent job;
- A very competitive salary of $800/workday;
- A key position in the management of R/V Coriolis II’s operations;
- Become part of a dynamic, friendly team;
- Very competitive benefits (7% collective RRSP, insurance program, etc.);
- Up to fourteen paid holidays per year;
- Flexible schedule accommodating for certain obligations (family/work balance);
- A job where teamwork is a vital component of success;
- A job where you won’t notice days passing by!
How to apply :
- Fill in the form
- Attach your resume and cover letter
If this short description makes you want to try your luck, send us your application to the address below!
You can always reach out if you need any further information!
Reformar, 418 723-1986, extension 1023