Reformar is a Rimouski-based, non-profit organisation lending support to marine science and technology projects since 1989. In doing so, they partner with researchers, research and training institutions, along with government and private-owned organisations. Concretely, Reformar handles the full management of a fleet of science vessels and the complete planning of its scientific missions. We are currently looking for potential candidates as 2nd Cook. So, if you’re attracted to the field of scientific research, you love cooking and have a knack for tidiness, we have something that should make you happy!
Briefly, as 2nd Cook, you will take part in the creation of varied menus; keep the kitchen, shared areas, and the cabin clean and tidy; and you will offer our guests an unmatched experience. With the help of the Chief Cook, you will be in part responsible for the happiness of the crewmembers and of the clients by offering them great quality meals in a safe and clean environment. Challenges and fun guaranteed!
Under the supervision of the Chief Cook, you will…
- Create various menus and assist in serving the vessel’s crew and clients;
- Assist the Chief Cook in the food preparation and cleaning procedures;
- Assist the Chief Cook to monitor products inventory and ordering;
- Ensure a good presentation and quality of food;
- Ensure that the hygiene and the work health and safety regulations are met and enforced;
- Maximize the preservation of food products;
- Ensure the good functionality of the galley department; and
- All other related tasks required for the benefit of the organization.
Requirements, skills and professional qualities sought:
- Cooking formation and/or relevant experience;
- Hygiene certificate from MAPAQ (an asset);
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Emergency Duties (MED) certificates (obtained within the last 5 years) (an asset)
- Valid Transport Canada Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties certificate;
- Valid Transport Canada Medical certificate;
- Transport Canada Ship Cook certificate (an asset);
- Bilingualism (French/English).
- MARITIME EXPERIENCE: You may not have maritime experience, but you are experienced in restauration and housekeeping; you are looking for new ventures on a ship? We want to know you!
- FRENCH: Biligualism is an asset, since most of our crew and our clients are francophones.
- QUALITIES: We are looking for someone radiating positive energy and able to share it with their colleagues; someone autonomous and reliable!
What we have to offer you…
- Permanent employment;
- A competitive salary of $ 243,76 CAD per workday, following the current salary policy and increased yearly;
- A place in a small team with friendly atmosphere;
- Highly competitive benefits (7% group RRSP, group insurances programs, etc.);
- 14 public holidays per year;
- Annual reimbursement of your safety boots (max $175 CAD) and your Marine Medical Certificate every 2 years (max $150 CAD);
- Flexibility in the schedule that can accommodate some of your obligations;
- A job where teamwork is key to achieving goals;
- A job where working days pass quickly!
How to apply :
- Fill in the form
- Attach your resume and cover letter
If this short description makes you want to try your luck, send us your application at the contact details below!
You can also contact us for more information!
Reformar, 418 723-1986, extension 1023